The yearly Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) Mobile Service Week 2023 took place on the 20th to 24th November, 2023 under the theme “Choose your tomorrow; Sign up for SEED from SSNIT today”.
The launch of the program was held at the Victoria Park, Sunyani, in the Bono region.
This year’s program was outfitted towards an extraordinary spotlight on empowering the self-employed to contribute and partake in the benefits the scheme gives.
By joining the SSNIT Scheme, the self-employed, like other Members, will benefit from monthly pensions during old age, an Invalidity Pension in the unfortunate event of a permanent illness or disability that prevents you from working, a Survivors’ benefit for your dependants when you pass on.
There is also the benefit of free medical services through the National Health Insurance Scheme.
The SSNIT Mobile Service (SMS) Week creates the platform for the Trust to educate Members and the general public about their rights, responsibilities and benefits under the Scheme.
Services provided at the SSNIT Mobile Service will include:
• Statement Issuance
• Biometric Enrolment
• Employer Registration
• SSNIT and GhanaCard Numbers Merger
• Contact Details Update
• Benefits Processing Initiation and Status Verification
• Update of Nominee List
• Submission and Validation of Contribution Reports
• Resolution of Compliance Issues
• Student Loan Repayment Issues
• Renewal of Pensioner Certificates
• General enquiries about the business and operations of SSNIT